- By signing the entry form or registering online, entrants acknowledge they have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- The 2014 Centara World Masters Golf Championship (‘The Championship’) shall be under the management and control of the Tournament Committee, whose decision on all matters relating to the Championship will be final.
- The Championship will be a 72 hole single stableford event. ‘A’ grade golfers will also be eligible to compete for a 72 hole ‘gross’ event. Competition rounds will be conducted on Monday 16 June, Tuesday 17 June, Thursday 19 June and Friday 20 June 2014.
- Golfers will be drawn to play one round at each of the four host courses. Course allocations and start times will be sent with the official program on 6 June 2014. All golfers will be drawn to play two morning and two afternoon rounds. A separate draw for playing partners will be conducted for each round. We can provide you with the same start times each day as your friends but cannot guarantee the same courses.
- Event age categories will be 35 – 55, 56 – 65 and 66+ Players must be within the appropriate age category as at the first day of play – Monday 16 June 2014. Age divisions are subject to change based on entry numbers.
- The handicap range for each grade (A, B, C) will be based on final entries. The maximum handicap for men and women are as follows:
Age 35-55; Men 30; Ladies 40
Age 56+; Men 36; Ladies 45
Players with higher handicaps must play off the maximum permitted handicap.
- Competitors must have an official handicap (endorsed by Golf Australia or the international equivalent). For Australian participants Go Golfing will download your latest handicap from GolfLink on Wednesday 11 June 2014 and confirm this with you at tournament registration. International participants must bring evidence of their official handicap dated after 11 June 2014.
Note: In partnership with Golf Link and International Golf Associations, the tournament committee will review the 6 month playing history of all entrants. The tournament committee reserves the right to amend player handicaps prior to and during the tournament.
- Handicap adjustments (reductions only) will be made for all players scoring better than the ACR (Australian Course Rating) as per the below table.
Note: All handicap adjustments are for the Championship only.
- Trophies for the 72 hole event will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placegetters in each age/handicap division. Winners are determined by the highest aggregate of Stableford points over the four competition rounds. Trophies will be awarded to the winner of the 72 hole single stroke ‘gross’ event in each age division. Players may only win one trophy.
- The tournament committee has approved the use of distance measuring devices at the Centara World Masters.
- All events will be conducted in accordance with the rules of golf and such local rules as approved by the tournament committee.
- A deposit of A$250 must accompany each entry. The balance of all fees must be paid before 1 May 2014. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to refuse entry should capacity be exceeded.
- Refund applications received in writing before 1 May 2014 will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations between 1 May and 8 June will incur a $250 cancellation fee. No refunds will be processed for cancellations after 8 June 2013. Note: Refunds for cancelled air tickets will be subject to the standard terms and conditions of each airline.
- Entry applications with minimum deposit payment received before 31 December 2013 will receive a $100 discount on the full entry fee and 5 bonus entries in the major prize draw.
- The ‘Major Prize Draw’ will be conducted by a nominated sponsor representative on Friday 20 June 2014. All registered golfers and non golfing partners will gain entry in the draw. Additional draw entries will be awarded for entries received before 31 December 2013, referrals, daily golf winners and Charity raffle winners.
- All prizes will be distributed in accordance with the rules of amateur golf status.
- Go Golfing and Golfasian may arrange media promotion and publicity before, during and after the Championship. Competitors assent to pictures of them appearing and being used for purposes determined by Go Golfing and Golfasian.
- The tournament committee may at its discretion amend or add any condition of the Championship.
- To drive a motorised cart, competitors agree to possess a current driver’s license and have previous experience driving a golf cart equal to a minimum of four rounds. In the event of an accident, the driver is responsible for the costs to repair the cart and any property damaged as well as being liable for any personal injury claims.
- By signing the Indemnity Disclaimer on the tournament entry form or registering online, competitors agree to participate in the Centara World Masters Golf Championship at their own risk. The tournament committee, Go Golfing, Golfasian, sponsors, host golf clubs and other suppliers of goods and services accept no liability for any death, injury, property loss or damage incurred during or arising out of any aspect of the conduct of the Championship.