Skip to content
- The 2023 Centara World Masters Golf Championship (‘The Championship’) shall be under the management and control of the Tournament Committee, whose decision on all matters relating to the Championship will be final.
- The Championship will be a 72 hole single stableford event. ‘A’ grade golfers will also be eligible to compete for a 72 hole ‘gross’ event. Competition rounds will be conducted on June 12/13 and 15/16.
- A deposit of THB 15,000 must accompany each entry and the full balance by 15th April 2023. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to refuse entry should capacity be exceeded.”
- Golfers will be drawn to play 2 rounds at Black Mountain and 1 round at Banyan and Springfield. Course allocations and start times were finalised and emailed on 1 June 2023. A separate draw for playing partners will be conducted for each round and provided at Tournament Registration in Hua Hin. We can provide you with the same start times each day as your friends but cannot guarantee the same courses. The tournament committee will determine the quality of course conditions on 1 May 2023 and at such time may change the tournament courses if any course should fail to meet tournament quality.
- Event age categories will be 35-55, 56-64, 65+ for men and 35-59 & 60+ for women. Note: Players must be within the appropriate age category as at the first day of play – Monday 12 June 2023. Age divisions are subject to change based on entry numbers.
- Competitors must have an official handicap (endorsed by your national golf association). For participants who have provided online access to their handicap the Tournament Committee will download your latest handicap on 1 June 2023. Other participants must provide written evidence of their official handicap after 1 May 2023 and before 1 June 20223 inclusive of their official 6 month playing history.
- The ‘slope handicap system’ will be utilised to calculate player handicaps for the Championship rounds. Under the slope system, the difficulty of the golf course and the tee blocks played from determine a player’s handicap prior to the start of each round. Your daily handicap will be displayed on your scorecard.
- The Tournament Committee have managed large international amateur tournaments for more than 20 years. Based on this experience, the Tournament Committee have developed a proven system for adjusting player handicaps after each round of the tournament. The handicap adjustments take into consideration:
- Scores for each round in relation to the calculated course rating.
- Consistently high scoring
- Scores recorded on predetermined holes
- On course review of playing ability
The Tournament Committee’s decisions on handicaps are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Trophies for the 72 hole event will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place getters in each age/handicap division. Winners are determined by the highest aggregate of Stableford points over the four competition rounds. Trophies will be awarded to the winner of the 72 hole single stroke ‘gross’ event in each age division. Players may only win one trophy.
- Tournament Committee has approved the use of distance measuring devices at the Centara World Masters.
- All events will be conducted in accordance with the rules of golf and such local rules as approved by the Tournament Committee.
- In the event that weather conditions prevent all players from finishing their round, that competition round will be cancelled and the Championship reduced accordingly. No refunds will be provided for cancelled championship rounds.
- Functions: In the event of inclement weather alternative arrangements will be made.
- Optional Tours: Wednesday 14 June – River Kwai Tour; Som Rod Yai Tour; Temple & Floating Market Tour. There will be no refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of any event.
- Refund applications received in writing 30 days prior to event, following any travel restrictions due to Covid 19 will be fully refundable. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to event will be subject to a THB 1,500 admin fee and refunded up to 100% of the remaining balance dependent on what Golfasian / Go Golfing can recover from suppliers.
Note: Refunds for cancelled air tickets and accommodation will be subject to the standard terms and conditions of each airline and property.
- The ‘Major Prize Draw’ will be conducted on Friday 16 June 2023 at Centara Grand, Hua Hin. All registered golfers and non golfing partners will gain entry in the draw. Drawing Procedure – At approximately 8:30pm six tickets will be drawn with those six people to come up on stage. If the person is not present, there will be a redraw until six people are on stage. The six names will then be placed in a barrel for the second stage of the drawing. In the second draw, the first name drawn will be placed in prize envelope number one. This process will be repeated for prizes two to six. The prizes will then be presented from sixth prize through to first prize. All prizes are subject to terms and conditions.
- All prizes will be distributed in accordance with the rules of amateur golf status.
- The Tournament Committee may arrange media promotion and publicity before, during and after the Championship. Competitors assent to pictures of them appearing and being used for event promotion.
- The Tournament Committee may at its discretion amend or add any condition of the Championship.
- To drive a motorized cart, competitors agree to possess a current driver’s license and have previous experience driving a golf cart equal to a minimum of four rounds. In the event of an accident, the driver is responsible for the costs to repair the cart and any property damaged as well as being liable for any personal injury claims.
- By registering online and accepting the tournaments terms & conditions, competitors agree to participate in the Centara World Masters at their own risk. The Tournament Committee, Go Golfing, Golfasian, sponsors, host golf clubs and other suppliers of goods and services accept no liability for any death, injury, property loss or damage incurred during or arising out of any aspect of the conduct of the Championship.
- Entrants who book by 30 June 2022 will receive THB 5,000 discount and THB 5,000 room credit (per room booked) and 1 hour massage on arrival. This credit is per room, not per person. The Room Credit can be spent on F&B and the Spa only, does not include Laundry/Tips and other services.
- I consent to my preferred name, last name and home club to be displayed on the event website and understand I may contact tournament organizers to have my details removed by contact firstname.lastname@example.org